This is a recipe I’ve been refining over the years. Inspired by Uncle Julio’s and others with a unique twist of my own….
- 1 lb American cheese (Boar’s Head or similar quality)
- 1 lb mild cheddar (Boar’s Head or similar quality)
- 8 ounces pickled jalapeños
- 1 onion
- 12 ounces pace salsa (hot, medium or mild)
- 3 ounces Chipotle peppers
- 6 ounces heavy cream
- 1/2 to 1 pack frozen Stoufers spinach soufflé
- 2-4 heaping tablespoon honey
- 12 onces evaporated milk
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
1. Begin to melt cheese in crock pot high heat.
2. Add heavy cream.
3. In a separate pot, simmer evaporated milk and slowly add corn starch. Bring to light boil and immediately remove from heat. Stir vigorously. If clumpy at all, put in blender and smooth.
4. Add evaporated milk / corn starch blend to melting cheese.
5. Dice onions and sauté with butter, garlic and 1/2 tablespoon honey.
6. Dice jalapeños, green and Chiplotle chilies.
7. Microwave 2 minutes / defrost Stoffers Spinach.
8. Add salsa, chilies, onions, spinach and honey slowly to cheese. Amounts above are recommended maximums but many prefer to adjust.
9. Tweak and “heat” to taste.