This is a recipe I’ve been refining over the years. Inspired by Uncle Julio’s and others with a unique twist of my own….
- 1 lb American cheese (Boar’s Head or similar quality)
- 1 lb mild cheddar (Boar’s Head or similar quality)
- 8 ounces pickled jalapeños
- 1 onion
- 12 ounces pace salsa (hot, medium or mild)
- 3 ounces Chipotle peppers
- 8 ounces diced mild green chiles
- 6 ounces heavy cream
- 1/2 to 1 pack frozen Stoufers spinach soufflé
- 2-4 heaping tablespoon honey
- 12 onces evaporated milk
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
1. Begin to melt cheese in crock pot high heat.
2. In a separate double boiler, simmer evaporated milk and heavy cream. Bring to near boil, remove from heat and slowly add corn starch while stirring vigorously. If clumpy, put in blender and smooth.
4. Add heavy cream. evaporated milk and corn starch blend to crockpot of melting cheese.
5. Dice onions and sauté with butter, add garlic and 1/2 tablespoon honey just before removing from heat.
6. Dice jalapeños, green and Chiplotle chilies.
7. Microwave 4 minutes / defrost Stoffers Spinach.
8. Add salsa, chilies, onions, spinach and honey slowly to cheese. Amounts above are recommended maximums but many prefer to adjust.
9. Tweak and “heat” to taste.
Note – Simply cut measurements in half for a smaller crockpots.