Years of trial and error, deep and pensive thought as well as a “Tequila summer” back in the 80s have brought forth Adam’s Outlaw Queso.
Easy to prepare in crock pot.
- 1 1/4 lb American Cheese (Boar’s Head or similar, not Velveeta)
- 1/2 lb mild cheddar (melt in double boiler separately with condensed milk and corn starch and stir into melted American cheese)
- 1/2 cup diced pickled jalapeños (drain water)
- 1/2 cup diced tomatoes (remove seeds)
- 1/2 cup diced white onion
- 4 oz green chilies
- 1-2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 1-2 ounces Chipotle peppers
- 8 oz evaporated milk (can add more later to adjust consistency)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch*
- 1/2 to 1 pack frozen Stoufers spinach soufflé
- 2-3 heaping tablespoons honey
- 4-8 oz Pace Hot salsa
- Tweak and “heat” to taste with hot sauce. **Dave’s Insanity Sauce recommended.