This is a recipe I’ve been refining over the years. Inspired by Uncle Julio’s and others with a unique twist of my own….
- 1 lb Velveta
- 1 lb Colby Jack
- 1/4 lb Sharp Chedder
- 8 ounces pickled jalapeños
- 1 onion
- 6 ounces pace salsa (hot, medium or mild)
- 3 ounces Chipotle peppers
- 8 ounces diced mild green chiles
- 6 ounces heavy cream
- 1 pack frozen Stoufers spinach soufflé
- 2-6 heaping tablespoon honey
- 12 onces evaporated milk
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
1. Begin to melt cheese in a double boiler. Note you can use a crock pot but this will take considerably longer.
2. In a pan, simmer evaporated milk but do not boil. Slowly add corn starch (best with a sifter) while stirring vigorously. Mixture should become thick and frothy. Remove from heat and set aside. If clumpy, use a blender or electric beater to smooth.
3. Add heavy cream. evaporated milk and corn starch blend to of melted cheese. Keep cheese mix on double broiler on heat.
4. Dice onions and sauté with butter, add garlic and 1/2 tablespoon honey just before removing from heat.
5. Dice jalapeños, green and Chiplotle chilies.
6. Microwave 4 minutes / defrost Stoffers Spinach.
7. Add salsa, chilies, onions, spinach and honey slowly to cheese. Amounts above are recommended maximums but many prefer to adjust.
8. You may also adjust the consistency now with condensed milk or slash to thin, more cheese to thicken.
9. Tweak and “heat” to taste.
Note – Simply cut measurements in half for a smaller serving.